Stories and fiction
A large proportion of TBD is taken up with fiction. Although this won't be reprinted in full on this website, excerpts will be available as tasters.
In this section, you can also find hints and guidance on writing fiction from the TBD team.
- Tips and guidance on writing
- An article by Joanna McKenzie with tips and guidance on how to write a good short story.
Submissions to TBD
See our submissions guidelines page for information on submitting stories and other fiction to TBD.
Here you can find an archive of stories that have appeared in TBD. The stories are not reproduced in full, but only excerpts are available. If these little snippets intrigue you enough to find the originals, TBD offers a back issue service.
- Too Many Demons: Part 1
- A thief with some interesting accomplices launches a daring raid
- I, Zombie
- A glimse into the dreadful world of the corporate zombie
- I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, but it isn’t natural, is it?
- A young man tries to come to terms with himself
- Betray: Part 4
- Part three of our fantasy serial